Located at 1150 Springdale Road, Plummers Cemetery, an 8 acre property, was originally a privately-owned cemetery likely established before 1898, the date of the oldest gravestone still standing there. The City of Austin acquired Plummers in 1957 as a condition of the purchase of land for Givens Park. Plummers Cemetery was named for Thomas P. Plummer (1860–1926), an African American Texas native who owned a farm in Travis County in 1900 and later both owned the cemetery and worked as the sexton. The African American cemetery was once known as Mount Calvary, not to be confused with another Austin cemetery with the same name.
Plummers Cemetery Residents
Austin Master Cemetery Plan: Plummers