11th Annual Murder, Mayhem & Misadventure Walking Tour
(October 28th, 2017 10am-4pm)
A Walk Through Time
Please join us for the 11th annual Murder, Mayhem & Misadventure Walking Tour October 28th, (10am-4pm) at Historic Oakwood Cemetery. The free tours cover the chilling, untimely deaths of “residents” of Oakwood portrayed by actors at their grave sites in Section 2, the southeast section.
The 45 minute tours highlight historical – not scary – events from the 1870s-1930s and showcase a wealth of information from the Austin History Center and local Austin sites. Tours start every 15-20 minutes between 10 am-3:15pm at the blue tents erected for the tour. Kids under adult supervision are welcome, but please leave your pets at home and wear closed-toed shoes.
We are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks:
- Tour guides! - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Set-up crew (help set up tents, tables, chairs, signs) 8:30-10:00AM
- Sign-in/hospitality table - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Book Sales table - 10:00AM-12:00PM, 12:00-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Clean-up crew - 4:00PM-5:00PM
You do not need to be a member to volunteer. You are more than welcome to sign up for multiple tasks and time slots. Bring a friend, and volunteer together!
Please email us if you would like to help and/or if you have any questions.